Stop video autoplay
Stop Videos from Autoplaying
Does it annoy you when to go to a web page and a video starts to play automatically? Well there is something you can do to stop this. We will address what to do in Google Chrome but there are similar instructions for Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Firefox.
- Click the three-line menu icon in the upper-right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Show advanced settings link.
- Scroll down a little further to the Privacy section and click the Content settings button right below the word Privacy.
- In the resulting “Content settings” dialog box, scroll down to the Plugins section and select Let me choose when to run plugin content.
- The next time you encounter an auto-running video, you’ll get a gray box with a jigsaw piece icon. To play the video, right-click and select Run this plugin.
- On the resulting Plugins page, find Adobe Flash Player and uncheck Always allowed to run.