Removing Windows 10 Built-in Ads
Windows 10 allows you to remove most of the nagging ads, but there is not a master switch. You actually need to hunt down the options, which can be troublesome when they’re are scatter around, and the operating system doesn’t even call them ads. Fortunately, you can use these steps to get rid of ads on your computer.
To remove ads from Start menu, do the following:
1. Open Settings
2. Click on Personalization.
3. Click on Start.
4. Turn off the “Occasionally show suggestions in Start toggle switch.”
To remove ads from the Lock screen:
1. Click on Start button.
2. Open Settings (The gear icon).
3. Click on Personalization.
4. Click on Lock screen.
5. In the Background drop-down menu, select Picture or Slideshow.
6. Turn off the “Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen toggle switch.”